Please read and follow these guidelines to care for your skin over the next few days.
Keep the area clean, aired and only touch with cleaned hands or fabrics during the next two days:
- Lukewarm baths or showers only. Avoid HOT water.
- Icepack / Cold Compress red irritated areas
- No sauna, hot tub or steam treatments.
- No swimming in chlorinated pools.
- No tanning, whether natural or artificial.
- No massage to the area.
- Avoid excessive perspiration such as caused by exercising.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes (ideally cotton or linen).
- Avoid close fitting clothes such as jeans or synthetic materials.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by Yoggie.
- Avoid abrasive actions on the area such as exfoliating or scratching.
- Soothe with an Aloe Vera gel or if thats not working, a mild antihistimine will assist with redness or reactions.
Exfoliate: After 2 days and then every 3 or 4 days, exfoliate the waxed areas with an exfoliating mitt. Take the mit and gently wipe over the waxed area while dry then bathe. This dry exfoliation will assist in minimising ingrown hairs.
Follicle Shock: This is fairly common for males after their first waxing and you may break out in a pimple type rash. The best way to treat this is to have a warm salt bath and use an antiseptic solution (no creams) after drying.
Infections: If an infection occurs or may be likely, apply an antiseptic cream to the area following the cream instructions. Bepanthen Antiseptic (blue packaging) is recommended.
Regrowth: The more you wax, the longer regrowth takes. After your first time, you may notice regrowth after a few weeks. Your new growth cycle should establish after 3-4 sessions. 3-4 weeks growth of hair is required prior to a repeat waxing. Shaving between waxing sessions will only encourage more regrowth so please, do not shave the area. Regular waxing every 4-6 weeks will manage regrowth and maintain your smooth appearance.
Aftercare products: Yoggie recommends and stocks a range of Jax aftercare oils and lotions. We highly recommend the following products which are designed specifically for male waxing.
- Alpine Bluebell pre and post oil
- Alpine Bluebell after wax lotion
- Daintree Blackbean after wax lotion
- Using your regular skincare products may not be appropriate on your waxed areas and may have adverse affects.
- Slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal and temporary reactions.
- If symptoms persist longer than 48 hours, please do not hesitate to contact Yoggie.
Please discuss aftercare with your Yoggie technician during your session or contact us if you have any queries or concerns.